This working group aims to strengthen local and national policies and strategies on homelessness and on other severely excluded people, especially those dependent on the shelter system and residential facilities for the homeless. The leading themes of the work are integrated approaches to homelessness, prevention, and active inclusion.
In 2015 working group Homelessness focus on:
1. Mutual learning and exchange of good practices in combating homelessness with a particular focus on exploring the methods and approaches to supporting homeless people with multiple and complex needs (e.g. mental health problems, addiction, debt, etc.)
2. Engaging with the EU institutions on homelessness policy with the view to raising awareness on the city perspective in tackling homelessness and to bring more specific evidence on:
- the effectiveness and efficiency of EU funds to support people who are homeless;
- the impact of the crisis and the fiscal reforms on the situation of homeless people and cities’ ability to respond to these emerging needs;
- issues related to intra-EU mobility and homelessness.
3. Supporting cities in understanding new EU funding structures in the 2014-2020 programming period and how to access them. This includes developing project ideas and building partnerships for joint mutual learning on tackling homelessness of people with multiple support needs, models of service user involvement, and supporting homeless new-comers to the cities.
Amsterdam Antwerp Athens Barcelona Bergen Berlin Beylikdüzü Bilbao Birmingham Bonn Bordeaux Borlange Brighton & Hove Bristol Brno Budapest Bydgoszcz Cardiff Cluj-Napoca Cologne Copenhagen Coventry Debrecen Dublin Dusseldorf Espoo EUROCITIES Brussels Office Gdansk Ghent Glasgow Gothenburg Helsinki Karlsruhe Katowice Leeds Leipzig Lisbon Ljubljana London Lyon Madrid Malmo Milan Munich Nantes Netwerkstad Twente Newcastle-Gateshead Novi Sad Oslo Ostend Paris Porto Poznan Reykjavik Rotterdam Stockholm Strasbourg Stuttgart Sunderland Tallinn Tampere The Hague Timisoara Toulouse Turin Turkish Cypriot community of Nicosia Uppsala Utrecht Vantaa Vienna Zaragoza Zurich