Improving the interoperability of city systems and the development of common standards are crucial for cities. Within this working group, members seek to improve the interoperability of city systems and to develop common standards in several domains in order to maximise the release, accessibility and usability of data.
Cities are facing barriers when it comes to improving the interoperability and integration of city systems in order to maximise the release, access and usability of data to accelerate growth opportunities, particularly for SMEs. The development of common standards is fundamental in several domains like data-driven services and applications, cybersecurity, ITS, Internet of Things and more.
- Discuss and exchange on ICT standards currently used by members and to identify current and future needs, challenges and bottlenecks.
- Foster collaboration with EU institutions and collaboration with SDOs and ESOs on interoperability issues for cities.
- Disseminate the deliverables of the working group within the EUROCITIES member’s community and further.
- Produce technical specifications with the assistance of a taskforce, i.e. external experts.
Focus and suggested activities for the Digital Citizenship TF for 2018 and beyond
- Translate the needs expressed by members (in identified areas such as lamp posts, 5G, citizen cards or apps, and ITS specificities) into standardization position papers and/or technical specifications, with the assistance of a taskforce, i.e. external experts. Cities will be able to use these technical specifications and insert them in their procurements.
Aarhus Almere Amaroussion Amiens Metropole Amsterdam Barcelona Bilbao Bordeaux Bratislava Bristol Brno Brussels Capital Region Cardiff Cluj-Napoca Dublin Edinburgh Eindhoven ENEDIS Espoo EUROCITIES Brussels Office Florence Ghent Gothenburg Hamburg Helsinki Karlstad Leeds Mannheim Milan Munich Munster Nantes Porto Rennes Metropole Reykjavik Rotterdam Serdivan Stockholm Stuttgart Tallinn Tampere The Hague Turku Uppsala Utrecht Vilnius Zaragoza Zurich