EUROCITIES is bringing together city experts from social services in direct dialogue with OECD to discuss common challenges related to COVID-19 crisis, exchange on social measures to respond to this crisis and share know-how, good practices and lessons learned so far.
Join our city dialogue to discuss:
- emergency social measures to respond to COVID-19 crisis
- targeted support to the most vulnerable groups
- how to continue and adapt mainstream social services during coronavirus
- how to prepare social services for ‘re-opening’ in safe environment
- lessons learned from COVID-19 so far and how to build resilience in social services
Questions for discussion
Which emergency social measures did your city take to respond to COVID-19? Which targeted support did your city provide to vulnerable groups such as:
- People with disabilities
- Victims of domestic violence
- Other groups at risk
- How has your city adapted essential social services to ensure continuity while protecting the staff, volunteers and beneficiaries?
- What challenges are you facing due to COVID-19 in your social services of your city? What lessons have you learned so far?
- How are you coordinating on social services in times of COVID-19 with the (regional or) national authorities? What support did you receive so far? What support would you need?
- How is your city preparing the social services to face the ‘exit’ from containment while ensuring a safe environment for everyone (staff, volunteers, beneficiaries etc.)?