The Cross-Border Cooperation Congress Lublin 2020 - the annual meeting place of professionals in cross-border cooperation from the EU and the Eastern Partnership countries – will host the Best Practice Competition. This-year Congress edition is entitled ‘Local Government of Tomorrow. Between openness and responsibility’. The event will be held online on a modern platform, with simultaneous translation provided into Polish, English, and Russian, from 6 to 9 October 2020. The aim of the Best Practice Competition is to present the best and inspiring solutions undertaken or implemented by local governments, NGOs, informal groups, or citizens across Europe and the Eastern Partnership countries, that helped in dealing with the challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applications for the competition will be accepted in 5 categories (until 21 September 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Local government solutions facilitating access to public services for residents;
- Culture and tourism solutions which allowed for the continuity of the culture and tourism industry;
- Education solutions implemented in formal and non-formal education once education institutions (schools/universities) have been closed;
- Social assistance: solutions in the field of social help and support of medical staff during the pandemic;
- Entrepreneurship: solutions implemented by and for entrepreneurs, whose industries were affected by the pandemic crisis and demanded immediate actions to survive and to change the branch strategic profile.
The winners of the Best Practice of Cross–Border Cooperation Congress Lublin 2020 title will be announced during the Official Closing of the Congress on 9 October 2020.